RobertZimmermann

Robert Zimmermann

Falling in Fiji (The Falling in Paradise Series) (Volume 1)
Casey Hagen, Lisa Ricard Claro
Progress: 141/286 pages

Review: The Opposite of Nothing, by Shari Slade

The Opposite of Nothing - Shari Slade

Novellas are normally hit or miss with readers, but for me this novella was one of the better ones that I’ve come across.

Most complaints about novellas are that they’re too short; that there’s not enough in them to bring the story out. I didn’t feel that this was the case this time around. Slade used the space wisely and was able to develop her two main characters well, as well as the relationship between them both. I think there were a few points that could have been expanded just a touch more, but it didn’t take much away from my overall enjoyment. There was no fluff to deal with, and I tend to appreciate when an author can tell when a story doesn’t need to be fluffed up to bring something to novel length.

I felt I could relate to both Callie and Tayber in their situations, which was also a welcomed bonus. I was able to sympathize with them both, and I think the use of the 3rd person points of view helped that.

For a novella, I was left feeling very satisfied as a reader and I think Shari Slade has gained a new fan after having finished this one.

Source: http://alifeamongthepages.wordpress.com/2015/01/17/review-the-opposite-of-nothing-by-sharislade