RobertZimmermann

Robert Zimmermann

Falling in Fiji (The Falling in Paradise Series) (Volume 1)
Casey Hagen, Lisa Ricard Claro
Progress: 141/286 pages

Review: My Sweetest Escape, by Chelsea M. Cameron

My Sweetest Escape - Chelsea M. Cameron

For those who follow my reviews closely, you’ll know that I’m a fan of Chelsea M. Cameron’s work. I’ve read a few of her other books, like My Favorite Mistake (the first in this two book “series”), and seem latch onto many of Cameron’s strengths when reading.

One of my favorite things about this book was the main character, Jos Archer. I think the author did a great job writing all of her characters, both main and secondary, for this book, but Jos was one of my favorites. I guess that’s normal since she’s the narrator too. I really felt for her throughout everything that went on. I also liked her love of music, writing, and her other characteristics.

Since this is a companion to My Favorite Mistake, we also get many of the characters introduced in that book. It was great get reacquainted with them and the college setting in Maine. One of Cameron’s strengths is setting, in my opinion.

I’ll admit that I wasn’t too sold or charmed by Dusty, but I wasn’t totally turned off from him either. In a few key parts he irked me with his actions, but he’s also a great guy at the heart of it all. I can’t fault him too much.

I’d be happy if Cameron were to revisit this series with another book. I think I know what character could take the lead, as well. I’d definitely be one of the first to grab that book.

Source: http://alifeamongthepages.wordpress.com/2015/02/11/review-my-sweetest-escape-by-chel_c_cam