RobertZimmermann

Robert Zimmermann

Falling in Fiji (The Falling in Paradise Series) (Volume 1)
Casey Hagen, Lisa Ricard Claro
Progress: 141/286 pages

Review: The Waves, by Jen Minkman

The Waves (The Island Series #2) - Jen Minkman

It’s been a few years since I first read The Island by Jen Minkman. The Waves is the second novella in The Island series, though instead of being a book two, it’s a parallel story to The Island.

While this is a story parallel to the first novella, telling the story of life on the other side of Tresco, it’s also a little more in-depth of a story. What I like best about these books isn’t that there’s action or romance or anything like that, but that there’s a well-written backstory to how the two settlements on this island came to be, and what happened to the world. Even though I knew what would be revealed in The Waves because I read The Island, I was drawn in as the story unfolded. It was a different culture dealing with the new information about its history. It was also a different prescriptive put on the events that take place later in the story.

Minkman, again, entertains her readers, makes them think into the deeper meanings behind Tresco’s history, and also makes readers meditate on faith and what it means to believe, no matter what it is that one believes in.

There’s a third book in this series now, The Deep, and it seems to continue from where the first two books left off. The story will move forward, and I plan on moving forward with the characters. I’m looking forward to seeing what’s in store for them.

Source: http://alifeamongthepages.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/review-the-waves-by-jenminkman