RobertZimmermann

Robert Zimmermann

Falling in Fiji (The Falling in Paradise Series) (Volume 1)
Casey Hagen, Lisa Ricard Claro
Progress: 141/286 pages

Review: Travel Glasses, by Chess Desalls

Travel Glasses - Chess Desalls

Overall, I enjoyed what I read in Chess Desalls first The Call to Search Everywhen novel, Travel Glasses. It wasn’t the easiest book to follow, but it shows potential for future books, and that’s a good indicator for the start of a series.

As with all books dealing with time travel, it’s not always easy to keep the story straight, whether you’re the writer or the reader. In this case, I think it the traveling aspect of the story was a bit confusing. At the same time, the main character was just as confused as the reader. This may or may not have aided in being a little forgiving on how much the story jumped around without trying to build a world around the “where” and “when” was taking place. I’m hoping that with the second book, things will be a little easier to follow and to enjoy because the characters have revealed more toward the latter end of this book.

The characters in this book also suffered a bit. While I was able to sympathize with many of them, and grew to like some, there were times when they felt a bit flat. And if not flat, they felt breezed over at times. I would have liked a little more attention given to them to help ground me in the story that was all over the place (literally, since there’s a lot of traveling taking place). Still, by the end, I think I got a better understanding of the main characters and also a clear direction to where the series will go. It just took longer that expected to get to that attitude toward the book.

As I stated before, I did enjoy this book. I feel that I could end up enjoying book two, Insight Kindling, much more and in turn reading further into the series as they’re released.

Source: http://alifeamongthepages.wordpress.com/2015/08/14/review-travel-glasses-by-chessdesalls