RobertZimmermann

Robert Zimmermann

Falling in Fiji (The Falling in Paradise Series) (Volume 1)
Casey Hagen, Lisa Ricard Claro
Progress: 141/286 pages
A Grimm & Dirty Omnibus: Twelve Erotic Fairy Tales - A. Violet End,  Marascha Black 3.5/5 stars, but rounded up due to lack of half-stars.

I have mixed feelings about this collection. I’ve read some of A. Violet End’s work in the past. Some were individual stories included in this omnibus and some unrelated stories.

A. Violet End’s Grimm & Dirty fairy tales are definitely not for everyone, but there are a variety of stories to choose from, so there is something for everyone (so to speak). Ms. End has taken the old tales written by the brothers Grimm and added a twist. She turned them into naughty erotic tales, but she’s left most of the dark stuff that the brothers are known for, in the stories. I think the best part of the stories is that I feel End has kept the integrity of the tales intact.

What didn’t work much for me was that since many of the tales involved animal main characters, the animals were anthropomorphized. Throw in the erotic element into this, and well, it wasn’t always working for me. Though, as I said, there are stories for a variety of readers and I found some to be enjoyable to read.

I’d also like to add that along with reading this collection, I also listened to the audiobook version. I sort of mixed it up a little. I feel that the audio added to the fairy tale aspect a bit because it was like being a kid again, and I was being read to. The narrator did a great job of bringing the tales to life when I was listening.

So, if you’re a fan of seeing how “innocent” fairy tales of old can be turned into naughty (possibly sexy) tales, check out A . Violet End’s omnibus here. It was worth checking out in my opinion.