RobertZimmermann

Robert Zimmermann

Falling in Fiji (The Falling in Paradise Series) (Volume 1)
Casey Hagen, Lisa Ricard Claro
Progress: 141/286 pages

Review: The Baby Trap, by Zoe Damis

The Baby Trap - Zoe Damis

I didn’t expect too much from the story. This is mainly due to it being listed at about 300 words. There’s not much room to expand a full fleshed out story.

Despite this consideration, I felt this story lacked in many ways. Aside from a need of another proofread, there really wasn’t much story. Casey finds out she’s pregnant, then spends time describing John’s brother Sam and his dislike of babies, instead of thinking about John and letting him be his own person. Casey seems a little obsessed with Sam, but knows almost nothing about her own boyfriend (based on what’s in the story, at least).

The resolution of this story is predictable and abrupt. I think if the author spent less time having Casey assume things based on the brother Sam, there’s be more room to develop a more balanced story with the 300 words. The subject matter gives many opportunities for conflict. I would have liked to see more of that included in the story.

Source: http://alifeamongthepages.wordpress.com/2014/02/28/review-the-baby-trap-by-zoedamis