RobertZimmermann

Robert Zimmermann

Falling in Fiji (The Falling in Paradise Series) (Volume 1)
Casey Hagen, Lisa Ricard Claro
Progress: 141/286 pages

Review: The Rooster, by Richard Peters

The Rooster: (Erotic Apocalyptic Thriller) (Surviving with Style Book 1) - Richard Peters

The Rooster was a quick, enjoyable read. It’s part zombie story and part erotica, though it’s not so heavy in either.

The premise is interesting. A man is a prison/sex slave for a compound of women who’ve banded together to survived in the world after a zombie apocalypse. It’s a good backdrop for a character to get into a situation like this. The militant group of women hold him basically with the threat that if he doesn’t comply, he’ll be thrown back into the zombie infested world he came from.

As I said, this story wasn’t too heavy on certain aspects. Even though it’s short (roughly 16k words), I think it could have been bulked up with some more story development and had less glossed over as the story moved forward in time. It also seems to be the first in a series, so I know not everything will be built up in the first installment. I just felt that it could have used some more to link it into another story than the zombies evolving (hinted at in the description). Not much time was spent in The Rooster on this, but I think it’s what’ll be explored more in whatever comes next.

Overall a good story, some room to get better in the next story and hopefully expand into a more developed story as a whole. I’ll be keeping an eye out for that from Peters.

Source: http://alifeamongthepages.wordpress.com/2014/06/11/review-the-rooster-by-richard-peters