RobertZimmermann

Robert Zimmermann

Falling in Fiji (The Falling in Paradise Series) (Volume 1)
Casey Hagen, Lisa Ricard Claro
Progress: 141/286 pages

Review: Destiny, by K.C. Maguire

Destiny - KC Maguire

This story started out with an interesting premise. Technology has advanced so far that we can take our thoughts, personalities, and everything else that makes us (mentally) who we are, and download it into an exact artificial copy of our body. Androids are common place, as well as  an agency that's purpose is to preserve species that are becoming extinct. It all sounds like a great future.

As the story progressed, I found myself becoming more and more interested in the way this world worked and the consequences it has on the individual, as well as humanity as a whole. There's also a discussion to be made about the love between man and machine because the lines are blurred between the two with Joe and Destiny. I find myself thinking about it even hours after finishing the story.

The outcome was great, too. I found it a realistic way for the story to progress, even if it's not the most positive conclusion. I can't elaborate, to avoid spoilers, but I'll say that I was glad to see it end this way because it helped elaborate on the way this future society handles things and it made me think back on it all, wondering : "What is humanity? What makes us what we are?"

Source: http://alifeamongthepages.wordpress.com/2014/06/24/review-destiny-by-kaleighm