RobertZimmermann

Robert Zimmermann

Falling in Fiji (The Falling in Paradise Series) (Volume 1)
Casey Hagen, Lisa Ricard Claro
Progress: 141/286 pages

Review: The Orgy at the End of the World, by India Reid

The Orgy at the End of the World - India Reid

I recently read Reid’s other story Flirting with Death. From that story, I knew that this story would most likely meet my approval. It did.

The strengths in character and story development that I saw in Flirting with Death are apparently, and in a way even stronger, in The Orgy at the End of the World. Being set in the same “universe”, the sense that the world is going to soon end and people can just let go and do whatever they wish is a strong part of what makes the stories great. This story goes further by showing a massive orgy (a spectrum of sexy from lovemaking to more brutal acts) instead of a more violent subject matter.

The end of the world can bring out the real character in a person, and that’s exactly what Reid explores with Melissa in this story. She was even able to make the end of the world a romantic scene, even though it’s the apocalypse. Her skill to weave a great story into a genre sometimes lacking in the department will keep me coming back for more stories, especially if they're similar to this one. Various aspects of sex at the end of the world is fascinating to read about.

Source: http://alifeamongthepages.wordpress.com/2014/07/27/review-the-orgy-at-the-end-of-the-world-by-cerabraltart